Before the Quadangle, there was the STR-1. This dates back to the late 1970's when Stu Thomsen was SE Racing's National #1 pro and the sport's first superstar. His signature frame at the time was the Stu Thomsen Replica-1. This STR-1 frame had a unique design with both of the double down tubes wrapping underneath the bottom bracket shell and continuing around the Looptail rear end all the way back to the seat tube. Less than ten STR-1's were ever produced, and over the years these frames became almost mythical and the most sought after frames of all time in the vintage BMX world. Fast forward nearly 40 years to today and SE is proud to bring you, the limited edition STR-29. All of the unique features and radness of the original STR-1, but built for the bigger rider with 29" wheels. This bike comes with an authentic SE Racing x Stu Thomsen trading card personally signed by Stu. Making history, once again.
- Stu Thomsen replica model, limited edition & individually numbered.
- Full Cr-Mo frame w/ STR-1 inspired double downtube wrap beneath the bottom bracket, looptail rear end, individually numbered on the inside of the rear dropout.
- Full Cr-Mo “40 Years of Radness” edition Cowboy Cut forks.
- Cr-Mo Super Big Honkin’ cruiser bars.
- Double-wall rims w/ sealed bearing high flange hubs.
- Redline Flight cranks w/ alloy SE sprocket.
- Stu Thomsen Signature ODI Mushroom II grips w/ donuts.
- Vee Tire x SE Racing Speedster 29” x 2.10 tires.
- Fluted micro-adjust seat post.
- Vintage Chrome STR Retro Quadangle padset.
- Includes custom Stu Thomsen STR-29 sticker sheet.
- 31.5 lbs
|FRAME||Stu Thomsen Replica, 100% Cr-Mo Tubing, STR-1 Inspired Double Downtube Wrap Beneath Bottom Bracket, Looptail Rear End, Retro Dropouts, Limited Edition & Individually Numbered on the Inside of the Rear Dropout|
|FORK||Cowboy Cut Landing Gear, Full Cr-Mo|
|CRANKSET||Redline Flight Cranks, Dual Pinch Bolt, 175mm, Sealed Bearing American Bottom Bracket, 33T Alloy SE Racing Sprocket|
|PEDALS||X-Pedo Low-profile Platform w/ Removable Pins|
|WHEELSET||Sealed Bearing 36H High-Flange Alloy Flip Flop Hubs w/ Double-wall Rims, ACS Crossfire 15T Freewheel, Stainless Spokes, Frame Protector Alloy Washers|
|TIRES||Vee Tire Co x SE Racing Speedster, 29" x 2.10" Front & Rear|
|BRAKESET||Tektro 837-AL V-Brake, Slick Cable|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro 316A, 2-Finger Alloy|
|HEADSET||Tange 1-1/8" Threadless|
|HANDLEBAR||Cr-Mo Super Big Honkin' Cruiser Bar, 31" x 7"|
|STEM||Retro Alloy Top-Load w/ Engraved SE Logo & Lightweight Cutouts, 55mm Reach|
|GRIPS||Special Edition ODI Mushroom II "Stu Thomsen" Signature Dual-Ply Grips w/ SE Donuts, Made in USA|
|SEAT||SE Flyer Seat|
|SEATPOST||Retro Fluted Micro-Adjust Alloy, 27.2mm |
|ACCESSORIES||Chrome STR Quad Padset, Alloy Valve Caps, Alloy Rear Wheel Washers, Custom Stu Thomsen STR-29 Sticker Sheet, Authentic Trading Card Personally Signed by Stu Thomsen|
|WEIGHT||31.5 lbs / 14.29 kgs|
|*Spec subject to change without notice|
|TOP TUBE, ACTUAL ||22.2"|
|SEAT TUBE, CENTER TO TOP||16.1"|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE ||72°|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE ||70°|
|BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT ||12.5"|
|SUGGESTED RIDER SIZE ||5'3"+ (160cm+)|
|SEAT POST DIAMETER||27.2mm|